When mold lives outdoors, it causes no problem. On the contrary, it is part of the natural world and plays an important role because it can break down dead organic matter such as dead tree limbs and fallen leaves. Mold starts becoming a problem when allowed to come inside a home or business. Spores are responsible for mold reproduction and are invisible to the eye.
Water needs to be present for mold to grow, and even if some spores were to enter a home, they would be unable to grow without moisture. If you know or have discovered that there has been an issue with water in the property, be it a flood, a leak, or for some other reason, you can be reasonably certain that there will be mold.
This mold needs to be remediated as soon as possible before it grows and gets out of control, destroying everything along its path. Waiting even just a couple of days before conducting mold removal means leaving the area wide open for the growth and reproduction of mold.
It is important to discover if you have mold in your home and get professional mold removal because:
- Mold causes potential health symptoms that include allergic reactions, asthma attacks, and a variety of respiratory ailments.
- The best way to avoid or control mold in a home is by controlling moisture everywhere that it is present.
- Leaks and water filtrations into a property must be fixed since they are sources of moisture.
- Reducing humidity in bathrooms through vents or open windows decreases the chances of developing mold.
- Mold on hard surfaces can be eliminated with water and detergent and allowed to dry thoroughly.
- Avoid installing carpeting in areas where moisture is present such as bathrooms, kitchens, near water fountains, or wherever leaks appear.
As soon as you discover or suspect mold in your home, call Alpha Restoration & Remodeling. We will perform a mold inspection
and take care of your mold removal needs. Call us today.